Managerial structure, affiliations & partnership
- The Lifecentre clinical staff are line managed by Area Leads (who are all experienced, qualified counsellors) as well as Lifecentre’s Founder and Director Maggie Ellis, who is an accredited Psychosexual Therapist and Psychotherapist as well as having management and business experience.
- The helpline team are supervised by the Helpline Supervisor and a team of qualified counsellors.
- All counsellors and play therapists are supervised in their clinical work by one of our team of qualified Supervisors.
- Lifecentre draws on consultants to give specialised expert advice to the Lifecentre team. This includes working closely with the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Police Specialist Investigations Unit as well as Mental Health and other health services.
- All staff and volunteers are accountable to the Board of Trustees.
- The Lifecentre Board of Trustees have professional experience in social work, safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, criminal investigations and policing, learning disabilities and special needs, accountancy, law, management and running charitable trusts.
Affiliations to national organisations
Lifecentre is an Organisational Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and is bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure therein.
Lifecentre is a full member of The Survivors Trust.
Lifecentre is a member of the Helplines Partnership.
Lifecentre is pleased to be working in partnership with Into the Light, a not-for-profit project founded in 1993 for people who have experienced sexual abuse and those that support them. Into the Light provides counselling, support, information and resources. Their philosophy is that change and healing from sexual abuse come through: Giving Information, Breaking Isolation and Sharing Experience.For further information, visit the Into the Light website
Lifecentre runs regular Into the Light groups, based in Chichester and Worthing. Do contact our office for more information or to sign up for the next group.Read more about support groups at Lifecentre